Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's All Laughable

Tuesday is Nutritionist Day - yay! I always find it so insightful.

So this week has been hard and I told Mom I was so over having allergies. It takes way too much energy and mental exertion to figure out a grocery list and a meal plan, WEEKLY. Anyways...

So someone sent me a link for a gluten, sugar and dairy free site. Awesome! They had a recipe from the NY Times for Ceviche on there...and most of the ingredients were already on hand and I had to use them up anyways. So I made ceviche. I was paranoid I was going to give myself food poisoning tho...raw fish, cooked in lime juice for 30 minutes? Really?! Yah, really. It was great.

So great that I ate it for lunch...Had a late lunch...and then instantly started bloating and getting gassy. I mean, this was the kind of bloating that I was counting down the seconds until I could leave work. I wanted to suck my stomach in when I walked by anyone, and wished for a coat to hide the fact that it looked like I was having quintuplets!!

So thanfully my nutritionist came over today and we tested. I was very much sensitive to the cod I had. Like, no doubt whatsoever. Whoops. So now the dilemma is what do I do with the last serving of ceviche in my fridge :( I guess throw it out :(

And I'd been noticing I bloat and feel crappy when I eat cashews. And wondered about the almond flour. We tested and yup, I have a sensitivity to it. I think I'll be able to clear it - we're going to try to do two clearings a week now instead of one, which will clear things quicker. But my stomach has been enraged for the last 5 days or so, as I've eaten one thing after the other that I shouldn't have.

Amazing how much I can tell a difference tho!

So today, we had to eliminate (until I can get them cleared, I think...) beans, cod, halibut, shrimp and scallops.

I thought I was allergic to chocolate but she tested and it's actually cocoa butter...ok, that's not so bad.

And the reason I'm off of dairy is b/c it's similar to gluten...so not only inflammatory but my body will treat it the same way and fight it.

She doesn't think I'm auto-immune, which means I could continue to lose my clearances. THAT is a HUGE blessing!!!

I need to test out rice...maybe get rice tortillas or some thing, so I know if I cleared that.

On a positive note, I put some coconut milk in my smoothie with blueberries and that was to die for!

However, I can't do nuts for 24 hours - including cocoNUT :( sooo I get to stare at my coconut muffins and go back to a normal bland smoothie tomorrow...

It's a journey. It's a rough and tough journey, but I asked her if I'd have a list of what I could/couldn't eat by the end of the year, and she sad absolutely. SO the light is at the end of the tunnel. It's not the end of the world. There IS hope.

My goal is to find out the foods I can/can't eat. Next step: Figure out recipe that include variety (My major problem is I find something I can eat, and I like it, so I eat mass quantities...agh). Then make the food tasty enough so I can host people!

That's 2013's goal. I know it's doable :) And boy do I appreciate the support of my family and friends...I absolutely could not do it with out them. And I'm thankful for God providing for me to have the money to get the food, and giving me this nutritionist who is so awesome...

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Light at the end of the tunnel!! that's awesome :) I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think that is exciting to think that you will have a list by the end of the year, and know what can and cannot go in your body. The journey is tough, but you have hung in there! Good girl! Amazing how fast you know if something affects you.

    ReplyDelete