I just saw my nutritionist and mentioned I really think I'm having trouble with nuts. She tested me and said I shouldn't be unless nuts have gotten into my blood - making it an immune reaction, i.e., I'd have to get off of them for 5 or 6 months and then try them again. As she went through clearing me for fishes, she decided that I shouldn't have having these issues (I've had major bloating and gas the past couple days too).
Sooo she told me to go back to the repairvite diet...my original first week of the 4 week diet. Taking the herbal supplement shake in addition with the vitamin shake that I'm now taking.
I'm kinda discouraged. She thinks I could have leaky gut again, but her explanation makes sense. I've been reintroducing foods, and was eating foods that my body was cross-reacting to (ie, my body was treating avocados like gluten) so that was causing inflammation in my body as it flared up again.
So for the past 2 1/2 weeks I've had stomach issues. Each time I thought it was b/c - oh, I ate almond flour, oh, I ate too many brussels sprouts, etc...but I'm kinda looking forward to going back to a non inflammatory food diet. Other than eating that way. But how I'll feel, i'm looking forward to that.
So no grains, nuts, sugars, beans, and few fruits for the next 5 days. If I time it just right, I'll be able to still have Easter lunch with my friend and not be completely like a rabbit. Sigh. It'll be ok. Always something new. Eventually this will be worked out.
Plus, as the nutritionist pointed out, I want to be able to have nuts in my diet when I go to Moldova in 2 months...I'll need that protein source. Tho, I know God can provide nourishment in other ways if that food is taken out... just from a human standpoint, it'll be more challenging. 'Course, God likes challenges...gives Him more of an opportunity to shine through :)
No comments:
Post a Comment