Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cacao Nibs

So I have to say, Day 1 of the "one week repair diet" has been interesting. Fantastic b/c it's the first time in 2 1/2 weeks that I can remember my stomach NOT bloating and gassing up...so I'm encouraged by that! However, I have craved every sort of food non stop. Nothing I can have. Cheetos, Chocolate, nuts, scones, eggs, everything.

So I went to Vitamin Cottage today to get sausage and sea weed noodles. I saw these cacao nibs on my way out, and cacao was the only ingredient. It advertised itself as a super food. I texted my nutritionist to see if I could have it...and bought them anyways. I'm thinking, hey, great way to get a little sugar/chocolate fix, and I'm sensitive to cocoa butter but cacao nibs don't have that.

Yah. Well. Cacao nibs don't have NOTHING good!! I was SO disappointed!!! They are bitter and chalky and nasty. No wonder chocolatiers add sugar!!! What is advertised as a super food is super gross!! Of course the bag was a little pricey so I feel compelled to use it up. Have no idea how. LOL probably my taste buds will eventually change and I'll like them but they are nasssstyyyy...sigh.

However, I went to Sprouts to try to branch myself out on different fish...got some wild caught salmon, and the guy recommended the wild caught bass...and then told me how to prepare it! So I'm excited to try it :) We'll see...

I'm definitely in food craving mode. Would really love to go for a bag of sweet potato chips right now....Yup... :) oh well

I went to happy hour with my cousin tonight. She looked in my purse and saw I had hidden a lemon in it. She laughed and was like WHAT is this!? I told her, well, if I can't have any of the teas here, I need something to drink with my hot water ;) I think she thought I was a nerd...but thankfully there was peppermint tea with only peppermint as an ingredient  - no artificial "natural flavors."

Anyways...part of the journey... :)

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you could melt the cacao nibs with a little water and stevia and make kind of a chocolate drizzle, or maybe mix them with some almond butter and put them on celery? If you can have nuts again yet....

    ReplyDelete