I fell off the band wagon tonight. I was craving something sweet SO BADLY and wanted a comfort food. I had found a recipe for gluten free vegan peanut butter cookies, and I could eat it as long as I subbed almond butter. I'm bringing these Sunday for lunch with my friend and I "had" to make sure they were ok so I don't embarass myself. Therefore I decided to make them tonight.
Unfortunately, I lack self control sometimes...maybe b/c I have to have such strict self control the rest of the time? Idk. I'm 3 days into my 5 day diet but I know that technically my gut healed itself within the first day, I just have to keep out foods that are inflammatory for the 5 days to really help it. So therefore, I justified that eating the sugar and nuts (almond butter) in these cookies would be ok.
Let me be reminded why I do NOT want to do this again...
I'm jittery.
My stomach is bloating.
My wrist muscles feel like they are moving slow-mo through molasses.
I can feel my muscles ache - like I've run a race, the adrenaline is coursing through my thigh muscles.
My chest feels heavy and achy.
My spit is thick.
I do NOT feel well.
And then after I ate my fair share of dough and cookie, I thought,...was this REALLY worth it if I get lupus? HECK NO!
Wow. So will need to learn to control sugar cravings. I fell off the wagon tonight and am reminded that sugar isn't all it's cracked up to be. Nor is giving into food outside my diet. Not to feel how I do now, and not to weaken my body more towards an autoimmune disease. So not worth it.
Just not sure how to maintain that strong self control to not fail again :(
Aww I'm sorry :( but think about such a good life lesson! Yeah it sucks, but sometimes you have to fall off the wagon in order to remember why you shouldn't. Sometimes you start to feel so much better that you forget what feeling bad feels like! But I hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDelete