Monday, March 4, 2013

Good and Bad

Good: This past weekend I had the best meal in months. I snowshoed with friends to a yurt where they served a 4 course gourmet meal...by candlelight...and totally worked with my food allergies! They eliminated gluten and corn at least. I had a little rice in the crackers and some dairy. But, I only hurt for an hour afterwards! Compared to hurting for 36 hours ... that is such an improvement!!

Bad: I took the girl I mentor out for fro-yo tonight and usually I dont' eat anything...but tonight she asked me what I was getting. I didn't want to give a 6th grader an eating disorder and it's no fun to eat by yourself so I got a very tiny amt of gluten free yogurt with fruit for a topping. I knew it would have corn syrup in it, but i chanced it. Idiot. I'm in so much pain. My hands and feet are hurting and I have the worst stomach ache (new). So...compared to eating rice, which was just an intolerance, this corn syrup, being a major allergy, is killer. Never. Again. AGH.

1 comment:

  1. Aww :( I'm sorry!! that sounds terrible. But I understand not wanting to give a 6th grader an eating disorder. Could you just explain to her about your allergies? Good luck! Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete