Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Eliminating things...

This past weekend I got to go meet my 4 week old niece! Fantastic. My bro and sister in law were fantastic with the food and so gracious to pick up things I could eat ahead of time. I learned my lesson, however. I love green apples and almond butter so much that I may have had 5 apples in 36 hours. I was warned to eat only one a day, but I thought b/c I was cleared for sugar, that my body could handle more. And I wanted to eat them. So there.

So there is right. My nutritionist just came and I asked her about it...guess who is having a problem with apples? it's an immune reaction, which is the most serious. I can't eat apples, grapes or strawberries for 5 months. I can test again, and if I react again, then they're out permanently. I think this all started b/c last week I had a spinach and strawberry salad, which was delicious. But I noticed a reaction and didn't know why. Umm, there we go.

Along with that, spinach was making me gassy...so she tested and yup, that's in the same boat - test again in 5 months :-/ Goodbye spinach and romaine... Sigh.

Chocolate has consistently gone through my system within 30 minutes. Like, run to the bathroom NOW. Um, pretty sure that means that's gone.

she cleared me for grains today, which she anticipated as being difficult but it cleared...we'll see...

I'm disappointed on these foods...but it'll be ok. I wonder if I'll have a reaction to cashews - forgot to ask her that. I have eaten a lot recently and yesterday on my flight home, when my plane was delayed for a few hours, I ate an apple and tons of cashews. And did.not.feel.well. :-/

the good news is, she told me that eventually I WILL get a list of permanent "do not eat" and I won't have to keep testing things and finding out the hard way. This is just the journey to get there. So...ok...good to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I geuss once I figure out all the foods for sure, then I'll figure out how to make sure I have all hte right nutrients, and how to cook food. Then I'll finally be at a place where I'll know how to cook for others so that they like them.

This week, I'm trying fish tacos, some sort of carrot temulade or something, some muffins and a brussel sprouts slaw from my paleo cookbook...will let you know how that works out!! :)

1 comment:

  1. You have such a good attitude on your blog, Cathy. I know it is hard - that light at the end of the tunnel is far away, but, it is a light! ha ha...hang in there.

    ReplyDelete