So...I recently bought this awesome cookbook that uses greens as a base for cooking...and since I'm not getting calcium really into my diet, and I know those greens are good for me, I thought this would help me branch out on what I can eat. I wish I had taken a pic of the two meals I tried earlier this week. One was sauteed kale and purple cabbage with sesame oil. I put it on quinoa and it was delicious! My FAVE tho was a massaged kale salad (raw kale that you rub for 60 seconds with olive oil to soften it) and then lemon juice and a little agave, with craisins and toasted pistachios. It was AMAZING!!! I can't wait to make it again...trying to give myself a few days between kale so I don't get immune to that :-/
So I had also bought dandelion greens to try to branch out... Let me say, don't waste your time. They are very time consuming to peel off the leaves from the stem and they wilt quickly and just yah, I wasn't impressed. I sauteed them with roasted garlic and olive oil, and drizzled lemon juice on i and put in craisins and pistachios... Too lemony :-/ and the greens are kinda chewy. I'll finish it up b/c I'm not going to waste food...but definitely is NOT a recipe I'd make again. Darn! BUT I'm branching out and that's huge, considering the last few posts were how I want to be fed intravenously :)
Yay for branching out! Especially since you really need to rotate things. I'm glad you did it! Congrats :) sorry they didn't all turn out so great though
ReplyDelete