Friday, January 18, 2013

Food...

So I had a near meltdown in the grocery store the other night. I was hungry, the fridge was near empty, and I had my power list of items I can't eat. But I was *hungry*!! So I walked in to the produce aisle and thought I'll just grab something real quick. But I kept seeing all the items I couldn't eat...and there was like nothing left that I could eat...so nearly ended up in tears. However, a nice man told me I looked nice in my new pants so hey, a compliment deflects tears...

Consequently, after finding something - short term memory, who knows what I found -I resolved to go through my favorite cookbooks and find recipes I could eat, or could easily alter so that I could eat. I was actually shocked at how many items were on the list! I have hope...

So, for your own curiosity...haha...Here are a few of the things I've had so far.

Delicious Almond Flour muffins with frozen peaches and blackberries and cinnamon. Kinda tasted like a fruit cobbler...This has been a fabulous breakfast and snack!

Don't laugh on this one, but quinoa, artichokes, capers and vegannaise... I'm breaking my no-no list with the brown rice syrup in vegannaise b/c that is such a good binder for so many things, like tuna...and egg salad...that is the one vice I'm not 100% clear of. Anyways, that is actually a really filling and delicious "salad"!

Cucumbers and celery and hummus.

A spoonful of Justin's almond butter (minus the maple sugar. Sad day. I always carry the packets with maple sugar and almond butter in my purse for the times I get hungry and don't have food around...which is like every other day).

Roasted sea weed. I feel like a goat. But seriously, it's substantial (ok, my expectations are low) and salty and good. And it's so dark green, it HAS to be good for me right?!

And lots and lots of water and lots and lots of pills.

Good news tho - I got my magnesium pill in the mail today so hopefully tomorrow I will no longer experience my muscle cramps!!

Lest you think I sound like a freak for what I eat...I figure if you also have food allergies and are serious about trying to eliminate what hurts you...you're in the same boat. And if you're judging... :) ... clearly you don't have terrible pain. And when you can't eat much, you sure appreciate what you CAN eat!

But in the attempt to be honest in this blog, let's just say that the pills and super healthy eating might be jacking up my stomach in the gas department :-/ Sigh. Three cheers to socially awkward situations!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should remind your readers about the Justin's peanut butter/chocolate and 'snicker-type' candy bars that are gluten-free. On Sale this week for 3 for $5.00 Buy 12, get an additional 10% off - go Whole Foods! Whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete