Today I have to stay home from church because I'm taking a 6 hour urine test to determine 1) I have leaky gut and 2) give us a baseline to know when it's fixed. Guess it's better to stay home from church than to have to collect urine at work for 6 hours and refrigerate it. Sheesh. That'd be mortifying!!!
So basically I can't eat or drink for two hours, other than this sugary drink they gave me, and after two hours I'm only allowed eggs and water. So much for my morning tea...the scones I made last night...being thirsty anyways...haha Sigh. Guess it'll be good to know how leaky my gut is.
In other news, the magnesium has significantly helped the cramping...I only cramped lightly last night...which is a big change from cramping practically all day long earlier.
I'm kinda following the regimen of a friend of a coworker who has leaky gut too. She said she went to countless doctors and this is who she finally discovered "works." But consequently, it's still a little overwhelming.
She also goes to this nutritionist named Christi...and turns out she takes Christi's vitamin shakes instead of Dr D's vitamins. But the shakes are stronger and some people's bodies can't handle them. Christi also is more focused on the diet - removing anything that causes inflammation to anyone from the first week, and then slowly adding things back in.
So this is two different perspectives. I think Christ's shakes are about half the cost of the pills...but I know my body is very sensitive so it could be that I'd be too sensitive to them.
I'm trying to figure out which route to go... :-/ Right now I'm thinking I'll see where I'm at by my next appt with Dr D, get the leaky gut results, and then possibly make an appt with Christi...
Agh, so overwhelming. Just want to be done and over with this. I know trials build character... I'll be one heck of a character after this :)
No comments:
Post a Comment