I wish I could post cool pictures on here so it's not just boring words. Oh well.
So. I just have to say, each time I have to swallow my plethora of pills, which is 4 times a day, I drink at least 1 1/2 glasses of water just to get them down. I"m at the point where I hate it. I feel like a water buffalo, totally bloated and watery after I swallow them. Since it's around meal times, it doesn't leave room for food. You'd think this would be a good thing but I still do like to eat. So far. So consequently I feel like I walk around looking 9 months pregnant with quintuplets. Sigh.
AND...AND...I told the doctor that the pills were constipating me so she upped my magnesium to 6 pills at night...so now I'm at 37 pills a day. I have this slight fear now, tho, that tomorrow at work I'm going to get the runs. And I don't sit close to the bathroom. This has the potential to be, let's say, awkward at best, mortifying at worst... stay tuned ;)
And, regarding the next step in a few weeks, I'm leaning more towards the nutritionist, Christy...sounds like her supplemental shakes, combined with the diet she follows (eliminating anything that is known to cause inflammation for awhile so the gut can heal), is a quicker way of getting healed. Not to mention that the pills are significantly cheaper. My money is so tight this month, it's not even funny. I can dip into my savings, but it's hard to sustain the $600/month for PILLS, you know? The only catch is will my body be able to handle the extra potency of the shakes... I think at this point i'm willing to take a chance. I just haven't dived in yet and made the appt. Still mulling... :)
On a side note... almond flour is going to be my new vice. I've made two batches of chocolate chip scones this past week...and they were gone within 48 hours both time. Um. Yah, about that. Probably should bring the self control back in ;)
Yikes! So much water, and so many pills! Good luck with the decisions, I hope you figure it out. In the mean time, especially good luck at work tomorrow!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
ReplyDelete