Today I had to do the leaky gut test and couldn't eat or drink anything the first two hours I woke up. Then I could drink as much water as I wanted, and eat eggs and salt. So anyways, I wasn't sure if by taking my supplements, that would mess up the test or not, so I skipped my breakfast and lunch pills...and an interesting observation...my nose was drippy. I've had a drippy or stuffy nose for months now...mostly paying attention to the drippy part because I don't have a cold and I don't know why one nostril wants to just drip... But, it stopped when I took the pills...but I didn't have pills this morning but I did have a leaky nose. Hm...
Perhaps the mucosal lining of my nose, which is connected to the lining in my stomach, flared up because the pills didn't make it chill out. I don't know. Just interesting.
And, as my lovely cousin mentions in her food-figuring out blog Becca's Blog she deals with constipation. Holy crappoly, I'm in agreement. And I'm eating all these fruits and veggies but it's like the pills have stopped me up. Kinda weird. To be continued, I'm sure ;)
The nice thing is, through out all this food figuring out...food doesn't have as strong of a hold over me as it once did. Yah, tonight at the Nuggets game I was craving nachos, or that churro that lady held sure looked good. Not to mention the overwhelming blast of popcorn when you walked through the stadium. But, I don't emotionally suffer any more from not getting to eat it. So, that's one positive that has come from the food allergies and having to restrict my diet. Food no longer has control of my life. Thank Jesus.
I guess it takes something like this to break the hold that food has over us. You are doing great, Cathy!
ReplyDelete