Saturday, January 26, 2013

Food Allergies and Snowshoeing

This is just a fun post because I finally have a picture to add with words. Now it's not just boring words. Today my friend and I went snowshoeing. We found powder and tired ourselves out thoroughly, but had a total and complete blast. We ate lunch on top of a cliff, overlooking a frozen lake.

Why does this matter? It doesn't really, BUT I guess my point is, what does one do when you are not able to cook your food and eat it right away? How do you pack food to go that works? 

First off, let me say that swallowing 9 pills through a Camelbak water hose is the pits. I saved my two largest pills that I was supposed to take at lunch, for when I returned to the car and had a regular water bottle. I feared I wouldn't get enough of a mouthful of water through the hose to properly swallow the pills. Pill-aphobic? Perhaps :) Better safe than sorry, choking in the woods! 

So I had baby tomatoes and pre-made tuna for lunch. Brought blueberries I didn't eat, and shared some chocolate chip scones. Completely satisfying. And plenty to eat. However, don't think I'm going to try tuna again on an outdoor adventure. Burping it up the next hour was disgusting.

Anyways, point proven that there IS food you can pack in a Camelbak and enjoy on a snowshoe trip. Just remember...always wear a waterproof jacket...<idiot> Thank God for hand warmers when I got too wet and cold!! :)



1 comment:

  1. Haha I'm with you on the "what to pack?" thing when it comes to a packed lunch. It's hard! But sounds like you made it work. Except for the tuna thing... sorry. Glad you got outside and had some fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete