I think the supplements are giving me insomnia. I thought it was because I ate chocolate scones too late at night...(like, 2 hours before bedtime???)...I thought it was because I drank tea too late in the day (4 o'clock is too late???)..I thought maybe because I just ate too late in general (7, anyone??) But I've ruled all those out and I still can't fall asleep to save my life :(
My brain is overactive to begin with but it's not usually this much of a problem. And, considering that I haven't slept much the last two nights especially, one would think I'd be overexhausted and ready to crash. Yes, one would think.
The good news is that I've trained myself now (finally) to semi-enjoy black coffee...since it is necessary to my function of now waking up overtired :)
In other news...as I'm laying wide awake in bed...plans have started coming together for this summer for a trip to Europe...working with orphans in Moldova and then I realized I could stop off in a few countries on my way home...but then I started thinking, ohmygosh, what am I going to eat? Moldova is covered - God's awesome like that. The camp has its own cook and when I explained my allergies they were like cool, we'll make sure you have food you can eat (!?!) :) But then on my own in Germany and Switzerland (places full of gluten deliciousness) I started thinking uhh what am I going to eat?? I mean, at least it's common to go to the grocery store frequently. Lots of produce. But I'll want something filling. I dont' know. I'm not really going to worry about it. It'll be fine. But I am rather curious what I'll eat. And kinda bummed because half of the experience of a new country is its food. But I'm excited. SO excited still!
I adapted this salad recipe from my mom and it was scrumptious today... lettuce, sliced strawberries, and sugar-coated almond slices with a red wine sweet vinegar dressing. Probably should be cutting out more of that sugar, but I don't get much in anyways, so I figure it's ok.
Speaking of that, the chocolate chip scones I've been gnoshing on like daily for the last 20 days...finally made me nauseous and sick so I had to give away the last two to my friend at work who was more than happy to take them off my hands...what a sacrifice ;)
And funny how tastebuds change...I've gone through the majority of nut varieties and burned myself out on them. My tongue curls, thinking of pecans. And walnuts. My stomach churns thinking of plain almonds. I have no desire for peanuts. Pistachios are not bad but I forget about them...so it's mostly been cashews...and recently I've been either like uhhh not feeling it or HECK NO THANK YOU when faced with cashews. Sad, sad day.
Good thing I still like almond butter...and almond flour... :)
Oh the roller coaster of food...
Haha if it makes you feel any better I hate peanuts too! And peanut butter. I just think they are the most disgusting things ever. But also I've always thought that. It is interesting how taste buds change. When you can't eat something for a while and then you try it and you don't even like it anymore. Or if you overloaded yourself. It's very strange. But your Europe trip sounds amazing! That's so cool that they will deal with your allergies. I'm so excited for you!
ReplyDelete