Thursday, January 31, 2013

Doctor # 2

Welp, made the call to the second doctor finally! I have an appt next Wed...she's going to come to my house. She's confident and assured but not cocky like my first doctor. This lady, Christi, has a day job working for a health center but then moonlights on the side for her own practice.

Basically we'll discuss leaky gut and probably confirm that's what I have, she'll go over meal plans with me, tell me about the shakes she uses that are chock full of herbs that heal leaky gut, and she'll go over her plan and process for fixing it.

Since it's such a restrictive diet, she will give some recipe ideas and guidelines, which will be helpful. I plan to finish up my current pills, since I paid for them :) That will take me through about mid Feb...then I'll have two weeks of no-man's land, and after the first weekend in March I'll start the program.

Why am I waiting? Oh..maybe b/c I have a really fun weekend already planned with friends for Mar 1...and it includes a snowshoe hike to a yurt where they serve a 4 course meal... I've already asked for the chef to provide some things gluten and corn free...which they have agreed to, but I can't come with my list of 30 things and then think I'm going to just drink shakes and stare at food... So, no, I'm going to start this new routine aftewards.

But in order to get there... I'm going to have to call my current doctor, ask if she has my leaky gut tests in, ask to have them faxed to me and then cancel my appt that is in 2 weeks that is supposed to cost me $300 no matter how long the consultation is :( I understand she has to make money but I feel that that is exorbitant. I may still have to pay for a 15 minutes consultation for my test results, but whatever, that's fine.

I look forward to someday having money again, but am sure thankful for my job that allows me to still survive while focusing on my healthy!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are looking into the second doctor! Good luck :) let me know how that goes. Sorry about the $300 though, that sounds terrible.

    ReplyDelete