Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Green "Cookie Dough"

So. This week has been attack of the hungries and sweets. It's ridiculous. I have fought and fought and succumbed :-/ I found this recipe for chocolate peanut butter "cookies" - I omited chocolate chips since I can't have cocoa butter, used sunflower seed butter, agave, garbanzo beans, salt and baking soda. The recipe said that they are best hot out of the oven, so  only bake what you want to eat. The dough tasted pretty good...tho I can see how they would be better with chocolate chips. So I baked three, enjoyed them, and put the dough in the fridge.

This morning, I was packing my lunch and saw a random tupperware with an odd color of mush inside. I was like what the heck did I make?! I pulled it out and was like whaaaaa?!?!?!

Apparently, sunflower seed butter turns green...whether it's when it's mixed with other things, refrigerated or who knows what. I took a bite - tastes fine - and the inside is brown. i looked it up on line and there is something about some chloro-whatever acid that normal plants have in roots and stems,  but sunflowers have in their seeds too, so this is what turns it green.

I'm thinking... "green" is always healthy, right?! ;) So this is now uber healthy!? HAHA I'm making them for Bible study group tonight - we'll see how they go over ;)

But, my nutritionist came today. She cleared me for cocoa butter, so I'm hopeful I can eat some version of chocolate this upcoming weekend since I go to visit Hawley.

I mentioned how I'm allergic to all the nuts, and she frowned and thought really?? So as she tested me more, we found out it's the nut FLOURS I'm reacting too... I still think I can't do cashews. But anyways, that opens back up coconut oil and coconut milk, and opens the possibility of the granola bars I wanted so badly, too....So there is HOPE!

She also found out that I'm reacting to salt right now... I brought out my almond butter and she tested me for it and figured out it was the salt... so that is a major  bummer...but will cause me to be more creative in spices. And it should be something I can clear.

She said that only about 25% of people hold their clearings. When she loses her clearings, she'll either get the runs, or a massive headache. She'll have to reclear multiple times. I'm really thankful that I'm able to keep my clearings... So, to be positive :)

And now I feel hope for Moldova...that I'll have some more options for food :)

5 comments:

  1. What do you mean when you say "clearing" How is that checked and such?

    If I don't respond, it's because I came down with the flu. :( I still have chemo lingering in my system and I was exposed to someone with it Sat night. Body aches, fever, sore throat, etc. Treating it naturally and praying it passes soon.

    Glad you got to enjoy a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie! I'm sorry you have the flu. :( that is SO miserable :( I hope you get to feeling better soon! Did you have the chemo from cancer, or b/c that is how they were trying to treat your autoimmunities? Is it getting any better?

      So clearings... here is where I first posted on it... http://leakygutdetective.blogspot.com/2013/02/unbelievable-hope.html See if that makes more sense... it's weird, I agree, but spiritually fine, I believe. I've seen it work, but it seems to be one of those things that "you have to see it to believe it"...I have a brother who thinks I'm crazy ;) and was just explaining it to a new coworker today too who thought I was crazy, but sometimes I wonder if we don't use all the "power" God has given us...getting so used to western meds... anyways... hopefully that explains it a bit more.
      Hope you feel better soon and are able to rest...!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for that link. :) I understand much better. I was actually in school to become a holistic health practitioner and made it half way and then got too sick to continue. I have been a nurse for 18 yrs, but had to stop practicing due to health. I have always had a love for natural health and started researching and self-educating 15 yrs ago when I got myasthenia gravis. I make a lot of my own medicines.

      I believe that God certainly can work through holistic things like herbs, homeopathy, and even energy medicine (to an extent). I have heard of muscle testing, but not the clearing.

      I am still sick. It has turned into a horrible sinus infection that I have never had in my life (thanks chemo). I started some antibiotics and hoping to feel better soon. :)
      The chemo was started to control my rheumatoid which would help control the cachexia. It damaged my intestines and also found out that it started to do some things to my bladder. I quit those shots on the 3rd and will never to that to my body again. I did have cervical cancer years ago and had a complete hysterectomy minus one ovary. That is all the treatment that was needed for that. :)

      I think what you are doing is great and I bet we would be great friends if we lived near each other. We have the same mindset :) I don't think you are crazy at all! :)

      Delete
    3. That's awesome you were in school to become a holistic hp! And glad that you understand me :) I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well...that's a doozy of the flu :( I think we would definitely be great friends if we lived closer! Good thing for the internet at this point tho huh!? :)

      Delete
  2. Life is certainly a journey, isn't it, Cathy? We have talked about that a lot - not always understanding the journey we are on, but, it is ours, so it is special! :) I love your creativity with finding new things to try, to bounce back and forth with clearings, and not cleared, with 'now I can have it', and now I can't. Praying for Moldova...God's grace through the eating challenges. So glad you can have nuts again. Weird that it is the flour!

    ReplyDelete