Ok, finding more foods that I can eat and like!! I just roasted some black beans. I think I tried this once before and wasn't impressed. Let me just say, OH MY GOSH DELISH!!!
http://communityfoodcoop.wordpress.com/2011/03/05/roasty-toasty-black-beans/
This is the website I used. Amazing. I sprinkled salt, garlic and onion powder pretty heavily on them. I think I could eat the entire jar. Except that would give me some major issues ;) Soooo I'll try to have self control. Anyways, great new munchie!!
Also, the fish guy at Sprouts gave me a great recipe for salmon. I'm learning to buy it fresh and not freeze it - then it's more buttery. I lightly coat it with agave and lightly coat it with some brown sugar. I tried it with sage, and with salt, and just like it was too. Anyways, it's DELISH! So another food idea... :)
I've discovered green beans, and rediscovered cauliflower...tho that's not good to heat up at work ;( I get comments, along with broccoli and cabbage. Sigh. So either eat them cold or eat them at home.
I ran out of sausages this morning so had quinoa and turkey deli meat and sauteed onions for breakfast... ok, not bad...have to get outside the box on breakfast foods.
I'll be experimenting with quinoa flour soon!! I found a recipe for quinoa pancakes...very eager to try these!!
And at work we are having a panini potluck and I figured I wouldn't participate, but realized that the cumin garbanzo bean flatbread I made, could work as a sandwhich bread and maybe I could find some things to put on it...!
Lastly, I have discovered kombucha...and tried the chia seed kombucha drink today. It's a really good probiotic and super healthy, low cal ... I made the mistake of trying a bitter one first that tasted like liquid sauerkraut - nasty! But as long as you get a sweet one, totally golden :) This one with chia seeds was pretty gnarly cool to drink. I let my boss have a sip and watching his face go between shock and surprise was hilarious :)
I'm glad you are finding new things! That is exciting :)
ReplyDelete