Friday, April 19, 2013

Goodbye, Nuts

Well...there go nuts for 6 months. Which majorly, majorly sucks. I had a suspicion this was going to be the case...but was in denial...I have all this coconut flour and get excited about my muffins ... I just bought all these Raw Revolution granola bars that I can actually eat (and when I want a "dessert" I eat a granola bar that has chocolate in it). 

However, I was testing so ate a lot of coconut muffins in a short time, and put pistachios on my salad that I love. And boy. My hands and feet started hurting pretty good, and getting tingly. I can tell I have inflammation in my body b/c my wrists have been more sore, my  knees have been more sore, and just other joints. My heart feels like it's racing and my stomach...let's just say it's a darn good thing I didn't have to work over time through my lunch today and was able to come home. 

So, with Moldova coming up...sure is going to be interesting!! Tomorrow I'm putting myself back on the repair diet for 5 days...not excited about it, but looking forward to resetting my body and feeling better :) Good thing I have that option. And 5 days will be perfect timing b/c I fly out to see Hawley on Thursday and I'll be able to expand my diet to beans and quinoa again out there ;)

It's ok...it'll be ok...and this is a good reminder to watch what I eat. But oh, so sad. Nuts are so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment