Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mayonnaise

I have found a recipe that I can use to make mayonnaise!! This might not seem so exciting, but it has now opened up the world of tuna salad, which is something new in my diet and I'm quite excited about this! 

Becca - here is the recipe for you - and anyone else who would like it. 

1 c cooked rinsed white beans
3/4 c oil
2 T fresh lemon juice
1/2 t Dijon (I used just ground mustard)
1 t agave (could go without)
1/2 t salt

Puree all but oil until it's smooth, then slowly add oil until it has the consistency of mayo. Refrigerate.

I made a tuna salad with this - tuna, dill, baby tomatoes, and celery. I could stuff my whole face in it :) It was delicious! I'm super excited about this!! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! That sounds awesome! And with the beans probably not as much fat as usual mayo. Yeah there's oil but no eggs. I will have to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete