So yesterday I started the detox diet...the 5 day diet. Had the shake twice a day, and could only eat a certain list of food...so had sausage for breakfast, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, sausage and sweet potato and sauerkraut. No coffee...I used to only drink one cup a day so didn't think I was that addicted. Got a headache...which gradually increased...until about 2pm when it started to turn into a migraine. I had to go get a Hep A vaccine b/c I'm going overseas in a few months and it was all I could do to focus and not throw up. I don't usually get nauseous with a migraine...I stumbled through the doctor's appt, got in my car and started gagging. It was all I could do to make it 10 minutes home, where I grabbed a garbage can and curled into bed at 3pm...threw up...rolled around in major pain from my headache and tried so hard to not take medicine. I slept for four hours, woke up not feeling nauseous finally, took my second shake and started feeling poorly again. Couldn't shake the headache, broke down and took two Advil, and slept til 4:30. So, about 12 hours of laying in bed, 2 Advil later, i feel better. I'm a little nervous to take the shake again. I hope that's not what is making me nauseous. I don't want a migraine at work either. Hopefully today I start feeling better? The nutritionist is coming over today to check on how the detox is going. I never thought I"d really suffer from detox. I blame the caffeine. I'm never drinking coffee again if this is what happens on one day without it!
Anyways. So begins the diet...that was pretty miserable...
Aww :( poor thing. Hopefully you are feeling better now!
ReplyDelete