So the nutritionist came back today and checked my clearances for fruits and vegetables...she can only clear one thing each 24 hours. So they stuck, which means that if my Repair Vite diet says I can have, let's say butternut squash, and ALCAT said I had a sensitivity to it, I wouldn't be able to eat it. But she cleared me, so I'm able to now. Which is good b/c that brings more food in that I can eat. I've been blueberries and saurerkraut, sausage and spaghetti squash like there is no tomorrow. LOL They're not bad foods but I'm a little tired of them already :-/ And I'm really craving rice crispy treats. I blame my coworkers, who for some reason decided to talk about these this week...
I'm excited b/c I'll be so cleared after this week that I'll be really sensitive to how any food affects me.
So tonight she tested me for some more things. Apparently I'm really sensitive b/c my "no" muscle kept getting switched off, so we had to use her as a surrogate - she grabbed my arm, and I asked the questions and tried to push her arm down (yes if it went down, no if it didn't). Weird, but cool.
So we found out that I can't do anchovies (gee, darn! :)), beef, chicken EGGS (but chicken is ok), pork, ALL dairy (good bye cheese, I miss you so much!), corn, and oats. These are all things that should be able to be cleared...except for we decided Rice and Beef were probably going to be really hard to clear, possibly a permanent allergy, as well as Dairy. And she said most likely I'm permanently allergic to gluten.
So, I ate a big chunk of salmon for dinner and a small sweet potato and my stomach thinks it's still hungry. It's pretty hard to want to eat other things and not be able to.
Oh yah, she also tested for nightshades and cleared those, so in 24 hours I should be able to test them out (nightshades are potatoes, tomatoes, stuff like that). Thing is, I can only try one new food for 3 days...if I don't have any bad feelings (cramping, headaches, any reaction whatsoever) then I can continue it. Otherwise I have to remove it from my diet and try again in 5 months. If it doesn't pass then, then I can't have it ever again.
What a weird journey. All I know is I'm hungry and need to find something else to eat before I run out the door.
This is definitely affecting my social life. I'm mentoring a 6th grader and I feel boring when we go out to dinner and I don't eat anything. Then tonight I'm supposed to have Bible study but it's our social night at a restaurant, and I'm going to be hungry, but not able to eat, and sometimes it's just hard to sit around food you can't eat. I have willpower now - thank God - but it only goes so far :-/
Then I'm already thinking ahead to ice climbing this weekend and girls' night with my friend Janna on Friday. I mean, what do I bring to eat? That will taste good, and hold up on an ice climbing trip? UGH.
No comments:
Post a Comment