Sunday, February 17, 2013

Date with Allergies

So...I've commented to various people that it'll really show if a guy is worth it, if I get asked out on a date and he can work with my food  allergies....

I got asked out on a date...and he already was aware that I had some allergies but didn't know to what extent. So he took me to a restaurant that had good salads, and figured I could at least have a salad...I was impressed!

So I had a salmon salad, held the cheese, tomatoes and candied pecans. Barely drizzled on the dressing (it said balsamic vinegar but who wants to bet there was corn syrup in there?!) and ate the craisins which I probably shouldn't have on this latest detox, but so far I'm not feeling any side effects....

So, happy to report I can actually go on a date with all these crazy eating restrictions and someone didn't think I was high maintenance by talking to the waitress and telling her to hold all these things! :)

On another note, I went ice climbing yesterday too...and had two sausages for breakfast (not a fan of the apple flavored ones...which I unfortunately bought 3 packs of...sigh) but they held me over til lunch...in the car back...when I ate 2 nectarines and a sweet potato. Who gnoshes on a sweet potato as you drive down the freeway?! HA! Anyways. It worked.

But it is amazing how much my life revolves around food and it's so stressful. Like, this morning, I'm already really hungry but the thought of sausages doesn't appeal to me, but I need to eat. Then I'm realizing I need to grocery shop for this week and think through food ideas so I'm ready for the week. But that sounds overwhelming to me.

Good news is I'm on the 21 day detox and can have more food in my body. I like that it's keeping me skinny, but it's really hard. It really consumes my every day thoughts and that can be exhausting.

People ask if I feel better...It's a weird question b/c I won't know until I eat a bad food...I mean, I feel good...I feel healthy and light weight...I though I was having problems with apples but am not sure now that that was really a trigger...I probably should have had some sort of pain after the balsamic vinegarette that I had last night that probably had corn syrup in it and I didn't have pain, so surely that is a sign of improvement?

No comments:

Post a Comment