So I had to start that juice cleanse on Thursday morning. I just kept reacting so much, that it was ridiculous. And actually, it helped to start at work. Work has been so slammed this week, that the day flies by. So I don't think about not getting to eat... I just feel like a robot. Every 15 minutes my phone alarm goes off, I take a swig of this maple syrup/lemon/lime water, reset my alarm, and plug away at work.
I sent my boss and email the first morning saying, hey if I burst into tears or snap at something that doesn't require either of those reactions, I'm just hungry...
Thankfully this has been a lot better of an experience than I expected! My coworker told me I was pretty quiet...but I think that's b/c I was so busy, trying not to overreact to anything, and slightly annoyed I couldn't eat food when that's what I wanted!
But I didn't feel irritable...I haven't felt cranky...when I get a headache or feel hungry, I just add more maple syrup to the mix and it seems to be working out pretty well...
The nutritionist has me taking magnesium citrate also so I can go to the bathroom, since I'm not getting fiber in my diet. That has been...interesting..we'll spare the gory details but at least it's finally working.
She originally told me 48 hours, but said that's all she could get through b/c she started to react to the juice! But she said the original fast is supposed to be 3-5 days. Oh sheesh. So I'm aiming for 72 hours, which will be about 6:30 tonight...yes, I'm cheating and assuming I started the fast after dinner Wednesday night.
But my friend is having a 1920's Great Gatsby style party tonight, and I don't want to be the nerd carrying around a water bottle and timer and sipping every 15 minutes...(the reason for every 15 minutes is to keep my blood sugars even and not crashing...which has really helped).
As I bring food back in, I have to be kind to my stomach...so basically going on the repair diet...so veggies, a few fruits and quinoa...the second day I can probably add in some meats and then slowly build up from there. I'm praying none of the food in my fridge has gone bad...I don't want to waste food :(
But it's been really nice to not bloat after everything I eat! I'm feeling great, really... other than like my teeth are rotting from the acid and sugar...
Yesterday I had to go buy a bridesmaid's dress... I was like, great, of all times to try on a dress and guess a size, it's when I'm on a juice fast... So trying to tell the girl helping me, well, this is what I'm at now, but I'll be putting on more weight by the time I get the dress b/c I'll be able to eat again, so will there be enough give and room?? haha. So here's to hoping it fits in 3 months when I get it..
Anyways, that's just an update on this reset diet...Nice to know this option exists in case I get really messed up in the future... and I'm so thankful it wasn't as bad as anticipated...'course, I still have this day to get through... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment