However, right now things are good and I'm excited. I've pulled a few new recipes off the internet that I'll start trying. My latest goal is to develop a cookbook of recipes that I LOVE and that those I serve them to LOVE also...then I can't go wrong :)
Along that vein...I made these almond flour "butterscotch" cookies...tried them out on my Bible study group...the first batch I made like the recipe called for and they were kinda hard and crunchy but were still really well received. I made more that were bigger and cooked less so were softer and they were LOVED. Shared them with my aunt and grandma, and they were a hit...then took them on a date ;) and he ate FOUR! Soo that's a keeper recipe!
The other recipe I just tried was for Turtles. Umm...can I say AMAZING?! They are made with Medjool dates, pecans, vanilla seeds and coconut milk and chocolate. A little time consuming but not bad. They are SO WORTH IT. I made them to try out on my Bible study group on Wednesdays...poor guys, they're my new test kitchen ;)
My nutritionist came over at lunch today with her daughter, and their eyes popped out of their heads, they loved these so much. Ignore the peeling fingernail paint...
So I'm about to bring a few to work to test on them, but pretty sure these are going in my permanent file... :)
In other news, all morning my heart was racing. It was SO uncomfortable. It was a panicky feeling, but work was slow, I hadn't eaten or drinken anything I haven't had before, so I had no idea what the heck was going on. I took 2 Tylenol PM's last night so I could sleep, and felt a little racing so thought maybe it was residual from that... finally it tapered off but I mentioned it to my nutritionist.
Through muscle testing, we discovered that I've had too much sugar (ha!!) and it can take up to 3 days for my body to get it out... which makes total and complete (embarrassing) sense between those cookies and handfuls of chocolate chips and now these turtles, I've definitely consumed my share of sugar.
Ultimately, this is good for me to have to be cautious on how much sugar I intake, but what a powerful reminder that my body is SO sensitive!!
Today we cleared me for starches, which won't be too hard to stay away from for the next 24 hours... I'm excited because the list is getting smaller and smaller of what I need to clear...dare I hope that only a few more months and I won't have to see my nutritionist every week!? There is a light at the end of the tunnel!! I'm feeling hopeful :)

No comments:
Post a Comment