Today I really just hate my allergies :( I had some gluten last week and gave myself leaky gut again. So this week I had to go back on the repair diet to heal that. It's good for me and I feel good by the end of the 5 days, but the first part of it I really get cranky and frustrated with not being able to eat what I want - that's on my normal regime!! Right now it's just veggies and meat and some fruits. No nuts or beans or sweets - nothing that is "satisfying".
This weekend "the girls" are going out for a progressive dinner party- apps at one place, dinner at another, and back home for dessert...this week I just can't handle saying no three times while watching others eat really tasty food.
And today I found out that I didn't get a job I applied for, and I'd really like to eat a Milky Way and Fritos as comfort food..but nope... my comfort food was instead sweet potato wedges from last night and I might pop open a can of olives...
And my store has stopped selling the salami I used to buy and eat with my olives :( So I'll have to look around for that.
But I'm basically whining today and feeling frustrated and discouraged that I can't eat what others can...it's not fair, I didn't do anything to deserve these allergies and I quite frankly don't like them.
But then again, it could be so much worse and I know I'm doing a lot of character building :). Most of the time it's not this bad. I think I'm over tired this week and there are several things that have me down, so food is not helping that.
On the plus side, I'm discovering quinoa flour and think it might be a new muffin - maker possibility, since I started reacting to coconut flour again :-/ I seems that since I ate some gluten, I have regressed significantly with everything I was cleared for...so if it used to bother me and I was cleared... now it is bothering me again...I don't know how to live the rest of my life in this limbo :-/ Part of the journey I guess....
I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! :( It has got to be so frustrating and discouraging, but we pray that you can find comfort and even joy in these difficult circumstances. We will be praying for you, Cathy! Love you!
ReplyDeleteI'm in the same boat as you. Thought I had cleared up my leaky gut after 4 months but past few days I'm exhausted, moody, etc.... I must have exposed myself to something I'm allergic to without knowing. Damn, all that hard work down the drain.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the "repair diet" you mentioned?
I'm in the same boat as you. Thought I had cleared up my leaky gut after 4 months but past few days I'm exhausted, moody, etc.... I must have exposed myself to something I'm allergic to without knowing. Damn, all that hard work down the drain.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the "repair diet" you mentioned?
Hi Debbie! So good to hear from you - and it looks like you're a fellow Coloradoan ;) Nice to hear someone else with leaky gut too...it's crazy huh?? Sounds like you totally exposed yourself - or established a new sensitivity. When I get leaky gut, a lot of foods I used to be ok with, pass over the inflamed area of the small intestine and then my body starts reacting to those foods too - and it becomes a viscious cycle :( Maybe you have developed a new allergy too? Those who are allergic to gluten often are affected by avocados and bananas also, surprisingly...
ReplyDeleteThe repair diet is this supplement powder I take that has herbs that close up the leaky gut, in conjunction with removing all foods that can cause any inflammation. So that leaves me with organic meats, vegetables, and some non-surgary fruits. No sugar, caffeine, beans, nuts. If you want to know more, let me know! :)
“I'm basically whining today and feeling frustrated and discouraged that I can't eat what others can...it's not fair...” – I feel you, Cat. The worst downside of having allergies is not being able to eat what you want as you have to consider if the ingredients could trigger an allergy attack. Just keep on searching for food that will not cause inflammation, and do share it with us. Jessica @ OnlineAllergyRelief.com
ReplyDelete