Friday, June 14, 2013

Some encouragement

This week has been sooo difficult...as already documented... This morning, I was finding myself irritable and cranky. As I have been off and on this whole week :-/ This entire week I've wanted to eat an elephant... and of course this morning was no different. I was fighting some random headache and struggling through figuring out why a spreadsheet I use daily has all of a sudden morphed and is costing the company money b/c it's giving out wrong data. I finally looked up and told my boss I couldn't do it anymore. We've been going over this spreadsheet for the past few weeks, and just when we thought we had it figured out, we don't. And then I caught myself almost start crying in front of my boss (!?!) and was like what the HECK is going on with me!? I'm not PMSing, I'm not pregnant, so why are my hormones allllll over the place?!

Then my friend at work suggested that I'm under more stress than I realize b/c of fighting the food allergies... and it dawned on me that I guess she might be right. And stress makes our bodies whack out, as clearly demonstrated. And I'm supposed to stay away from stress. So this is a vicious cycle.

I've been on the repair diet all this week and it's been killer. So today is the last day and instead of waiting til tomorrow morning to end it, I'm planning to end it tonight :)

I saw my nutritionist just now and she reminded me to slowly introduce things back in so I don't react. Dang it. But the encouragement she gave me.... is that b/c I was exposed to gluten, it inflamed my small intestine. So everything that passed over it was causing a reaction in my body. So here I was thinking that I was developing new sensitivities and taking major steps backwards, when in actuality, I have NOT! THANK GOD. I am SO relieved about this...But this goes to show how severe it is when I'm exposed to gluten. It's crazy.

She was talking too about if i want to someday get pregnant, it's imperative that I have all food triggers out of my body for 6 months BEFORE conception so that I don't pass antibodies on to the baby and don't stress out my body. Then keep every trigger out throughout the pregnancy and breastfeeding. Sounds pretty overwhelming to me..I'm not going to even think about it right now.

The other frustrating thing is that I'm running the Color Run on Sunday. The color they use to throw on us is harmless...but naturally is made of corn starch... I kinda was joking with people ahead of time saying, oh hope I don't have a  serious reaction! BUt thinking, yah, it'll be fine, it's not like I'm eating it. My nutritionist cautioned me and said while I can't stop living life b/c of my allergies, I need to probably wear a mask...since my body is already weak and coming back into its own after the gluten exposure... I will definitely get a reaction by inhaling pure corn starch. Oh geesh. How does one run with a handkerchief over one's mouth while trying to breathe? I'm going to look like a bandit...albeit a colorful one. Anyways I can joke about it right now but it's a little depressing how far reaching these allergies are.

And I've beenn craving all sorts of foods I can' even eat. For some reason, this week it has really been hitting home, how unfair and angering these allergies are. How all encompassing they are of my life.

I'm really thankful for the friends and family that are very supportive throughout it all tho...and finding others who are going through similar battles...makes me know i'm not crazy... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment