So, I'm pretty excited to report that God totally took care of my stomach in Moldova...I fully expected to come back and have to go on the Repair Diet - which I wasn't looking forward to- and I don't!!!
However, I don't want to eat tuna, quinoa, or granola bars for a very long time ;)
Every day for breakfast I had a few prunes and cashews/cinnamon roasted mixed nuts...then ate an orange and had my protein shake.
For lunch every day I had a tuna packet - raw tuna, no salt, no mayo - some tangerines and occasionally more nuts (pistachios, cashews) and granola bars.
For dinner, the cook made me quinoa (thank you Drew and Kristin for the bag you sent me for my birthday - that was a life saver in Moldova!), boiled chicken, and boiled veggies. Occasionally I got cucumbers and tomatoes.
I brought a few chocolate bars I could eat and some almond butter packets...
All in all, God totally kept me full, and provided food ... it increased my faith because there were several situations that socially I needed to eat the food - M&M's, Sprite...and I prayed God would protect my stomach and I didn't have any symptoms like I would have normally...so that was so encouraging that by Saturday on the plane ride home, when I was craving a variation in food, I broke down and had several salads with dressings that I knew I shouldn't be able to eat...I prayed, and didn't have any symptoms...That was awesome...So encouraging too!
The snacks I brought came in handy for several people who were super hungry and we weren't around food... Plus, I had bought some candied ginger as a natural help for queasy stomachs...several people weren't feeling well on a bus ride, so I passed it out...it tasted so nasty, but one of the girls commented how it helped her stomach, and asked for it again the next day...I ended up giving her the whole bag when we left :)
I'm sad b/c I missed out on experiencing Moldova culture through their food...which was hard...and if we had stayed one more day, I probably would have lost all will power and tried some of it anyways... and it was really hard on the plane when the snack they passed out on our 9 hour flight was hot bread...the smell of it was killer!!
But I believe God totally watched out for my stomach, and I'm pleasantly shocked that I don't have to do the repair diet...was so full the whole time...and saw God do a miracle in protecting me from the food I ate that I "shouldn't" have...
So now I'm curious - was this God's one time blessing for a trip...or has He healed me/will He heal me?? I was reading a book about miracles on the trip and that too increased my faith...so stay tuned ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment