Ok, so the nutritionist just met me for one more clearance before Moldova. I kept my salt clearance - whew - and now just have to wait 24 hours before eating chocolate liqueur (aka, chocolate chips that I can have) and then I can have my scones! :)
Last night for my Bible study group, I made two gf recipes - one that were vanilla lemon cupcakes with lemon frosting...which I think were pretty good (I couldn't eat b/c of the salt) but the almond flour cooked awfully quickly so they were more on the well done side. Then I made these s'mores things in muffin tins - almond flour crusts, melted chocolate and a marshmallow type of whipping cream at the top. I received tons of compliments on those! Labor of love, but good to know they were great too! :)
So my nutritionist just tested me for apples, strawberries and grapes, and apparently my body is ready to try them again! She told me to eat just one apple and see how I handle it...eat it at home and not on my trip ;) but that once I got it out of my system, my antibodies towards apples disappeared...so, I'll be testing fo' sho'! That's kinda exciting. As much as I like orange and grapefruits and pears...they were getting a little redundant. It's great to have more variety so I can make sure I don't eat too much of one thing...always hard anyways as a single...I mean, you buy a thing of strawberries at the store and they go badly so quickly but if you can only eat a few a day but not every day, I mean, what's a girl supposed to do?! :)
I have a friend at Bible study who has been challenging me to believe that God can totally heal my allergies, so I'm excited to see overall how my faith is increased through Moldova.
Anyways, feeling very encouraged and hopeful after today's appt!!
YAY! That's awesome! :) I'm so glad you got cleared for those!
ReplyDelete