Today I decided to try out some recipes I had found online awhile ago... It's always scary to do this, b/c the ingredients are rather pricey, so I don't want a flop...but then again, I need new recipes, SO what's a girl supposed to do?!
Have a Sunday afternoon to try them out, I guess :)
Anyways, these are Quinoa cookies... and, other than the fact that I made them way too large, and they got pretty well cooked...they're actually really tasty! SO, here is a cookie I can have! Amazing! The quinoa gives it a fun crunch. I ate two, and felt sick but I'm pretty sure that's b/c of the sugar...I'm not used to eating a lot of sugar, so two cookies was a little much. But I was pretty excited!
This is a chocolate chip cookie dough dip - I plan to bring this to Bible study on Wednesday for gluten free people. The idea is to dip vanilla wafers and apples in it. It's made from white beans... sooo it's not bad..but I'm not sure if I'll make it again. I can taste the hint of bean...and while most people might be ok with it...I'm kinda over it. I like that I can use beans for a lot of things, but I think I've overused bean flavored stuff lately. This is definitely better (and thicker) after chilled...I think it'll be good with apples... sooo this was a pretty good dish, but not sure yet if I'll keep the recipe.These were called "Sweet Quinoa muffins" and I laugh...they are NOT sweet!! It called for Sucanot, which I was going to ignore and just use agave, but since I had to run to Sprouts for something else, I happened to see it in the bins and picked some up. It's dried sugar cane...so, I've now discovered another thing for cooking! I have no idea what quantities you'd use it in, but certainly more than the 2 T it called for in a batch of muffins...I threw in craisins, which was a good idea. I'll probably end up finishing these off by drizzling them with agave. Kinda like a corn muffin...
This is a happy side note - I planted mint in my pots and was like gee, Cathy, that was a great idea, NOW what are you going to do with all this mint?! I went out and bought one of those ball infusers and a new water jug and have had mint flavored water...which has been a BIG hit for those coming over to my place! It's so refreshing and a perfect summer cool-down treat!
Lastly, I tried out garbanzo flour chips... I cooked them in a skillet and am dehydrating them in the oven? I think it's too much work for this quantity...but, we'll see what I think when they're fully dry... Right now I think I'd prefer to eat my sweet potato and beet chips I can buy at the store ;)
So, productive afternoon. I also cooked up cabbage and onions and mushrooms and celery and chicken - all separately - so I'd have food to grab this week for lunches and dinners...it's looking to be a busy week.
On the positive side, I reintroduced strawberries and grapes into my diet this weekend! And I can eat them! Since I developed a sensitivity to them 4 months ago, I'll have to have them in small quantities, but at least I can now eat them. And green apples. This is SUCH an exciting thing :)




So creative! Chocolate chip dipping stuff, huh? Yikes! The quinoa muffins with craisins looked good - and anything with sweet sauce is even better (agave). Good girl for trying new things!
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative!! I'm so glad you can now eat strawberries and grapes again!! Yippee!
ReplyDelete