Sunday, May 12, 2013

More cooking

This weekend has become the weekend of trying out new recipes! And learning what I won't cook again ;)

For starters, thanks to my new friend Nick the fish guy at Sprout's :) I cooked Ahi Tuna with a sesame seed oil and toasted sesame seeds, ginger and green onions... It's supposed to be super raw...so was tender...but I had a difficult time psychologically eating something so raw... sooo I'll finish it up, but I won't do that again I don't think.
 Then I bought a Kobucha squash a few weeks ago, in an effort to branch out and try new thing...so I looked up a recipe on line and found how to roast it...it's a Japanese pumpkin I guess. It was not bad...kinda sweet...Kinda a lot of work for it tho... so probably won't try that again either...
 THEN I tried a new recipe in my greens cookbook - white beans and greens patties. I kept out the salt since I think that's been affecting me, and um, liberally salted them after sampling them b/c it definitely needed salt! The thing with patties is I can never make them crisp enough!!  Soo they're ok but won't make them again. At least I'll have a few things to eat for variety this week.
 Next I tried a recipe a coworker gave me a few months back...shredded carrot and shredded sweet potato patties...those REALLY didn't hold up either :( Sooo I'll eat them b/c they're healthy. I also used flax seed eggs instead of regular eggs to bind them, and that may not have been the best idea...

I have one more patty recipe that includes chicken and sweet potatoes, but has to marinate for a few hours or overnight so I'll probably make it up for later. I'm kinda done with the failures in the kitchen for today.

I might have eaten a few cupcakes to make it better... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Aww I'm sorry nothing seems to be working out! Maybe if you cooked the tuna all the way through it would be better? I am with you on the psychological thing about how raw it is, I would not be able to eat it that raw either. But it does sound pretty good otherwise! Unfortunately tuna is on my no-no list. I wonder if it would be good with salmon? Also is sugar back on your ok list? I saw the post about cupcakes, those sound awesome! Glad you found a few things you can make :)

    ReplyDelete