Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Salt

So, with my trip to Moldova coming up in FOUR days! :) I had to make a conscious choice on what to clear ahead of time. Yes, the clearances revolve around being able to eat those almond flour scones ;) I figure that is substantial to take on the plane until I hit Europe.

So, my nutritionist came today and I asked her to clear me for salt...since I was reacting to that but have ignored that - which explains things now, I guess - so I can't have salt for 24 hours...I think that will be a bit harder than I would anticipate! For example, tomorrow I can't have my sausages b/c the ingredient says "spices"...which could have salt. Can't salt my food...so will get creative with other seasonings...but salt is in so much, it's tough to be very cognizant of what I'm eating! Which, you'd think I would be by now...but sometimes I have those brain lapses.

Tomorrow she'll clear chocolate liquer for me so that I can have the chocolate chips.

Lo and behold, found out that I can't do sunflower oil right now either...which, is good, since I can polish off an entire bag of sweet potato chips in one sitting very easily...but a lot of things are made with "sunflower and or safflower oil"...which doesn't help! I need to know which one it is! :)

BUT this explains why I've had a lot of bloating and stomachaches recently... At least that's been the issue and not hand and feet cramps, so it's not as "serious"

And...I might have come home from work with enough time before the nutritionist came that I could scarf 2 of my chocolate cupcakes since i know i won't be able to have them for 24 hours b/c of the salt ;)

In other news, it's pretty comical to look at what i've bought and packed for Moldova...Literally probably 40 granola bars, 9 packets of tuna, 8 packets of olives and lots of dried fruit and then some quinoa.

I haven't had green olives in over a year, so tested them yesterday...not sure if it was those olives or some other factor, but by the time it was lunchtime and I was at a grocery store, I started feeling very jittery and getting minor hot flashes...came back to work and emailed my boss to watch me in case I passed out. It was a super weird feeling. Thankfully it only lasted for 30 minutes but then turned into a stomachache that felt like a rock in the pit of my stomach :(

So had to cancel my plans to go on a hike after work, and instead came home and watched two movies while laying on my bed. Which.I.Never.Do. Eh, at least I could!!

Ok that's all. Not an overly exciting update. Thankful that God has provided some food that I can take overseas...deifnitely will be a faith building exercise to see what I can eat for a whole week there!! But I'm excited to HAVE to trust God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment