I seem to go in spurts - having creativity and willing to try new recipes, and then falling into the habit of putting buffalo meat on spaghetti squash and calling it good - hot or cold. HA! Just put food in my body so I'm not hungry; I don't care what it tastes like.
Anyways, I found a recipe for garbanzo bean cupcakes with garbanzo bean and nutella-like frosting.
So I thought, gee, this sounds great. There is basically no dessert that I can eat, and you know how you get those cravings for sweets?? Well, just eating Raw Revolution chocolate power bars is a weak fix. Thankfully I have discovered garbanzo bean flour.
So I made them up tonight. The funny thing is, I'm so used to subbing things in recipes and really knowing ingredients, that when I read the sugar to put in, I was like HOW much sugar?! I haven't had sugar in a recipe unless it was agave in a LONG time! So I cringed. I really cringed. HA. Anyways... These are GOOD! I mean, I probably have low expectations ;) and a "normal" person may have a different opinion... but I'm aliking these much! They stick to the wrapper, and don't rise - they sink instead...so those are the drawbacks.
The cupcake I made with garbanzo bean flour and coconut milk (instead of regular) and flax seed eggs instead of regular. With all the substitutions I wasn't quite sure how they would turn out. I don't think the substitutions negatively affected them.
The frosting is garbanzo beans (healthy right!? ;)) and nutella made from almond butter and more natural....These pretty much made my night. I've been feeling super lonely lately, which is ridiculous, sooo when lonely, eat chocolate, right?! ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment