Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Here We Go Again

So... I think I stressed myself out so badly 10 days ago with boy drama that I gave myself leaky gut again. Seriously. Seriously?! That's embarrassing and a lesson to learn. Sheesh. Sooo last week my nutritionist told me to cut back on sugar... I tried...and did...but still was having it. I've been bloating the past few days and learned that the grapes I ate...yah, can't have those. I'd removed them from my diet for 4 months and tested them ... they were ok... as were the apples and strawberries I had to do at the same time.

Apples already proved to be problematic 2 weeks ago, and now grapes... I assume strawberries will be in the same boat. So those are now on my "never again in my life" list... sigh. No grapes, no grape wine, no raisins. No almond flour too...my nutritionist reminded me that those are the 4 things that I can't keep cleared so my body doesn't have an immune reaction to them, but it has an allergic reaction...just one step lower but still my body can't handle them. And after the way I've felt in the past 3 days, I'd have to agree...not worth it.

My nails have been peeling for the past few months too so I asked her about them...and we tested through minerals...so I've been taking magnesium and seeing that dosage get lowered, which means it's being absorbed by my body, but now I'm also low in zinc, magsomethingorother, and selenium...and one other one. Anyways, all but zinc are pretty low dosage requirements by my body, so that's good... but I guess b/c of my leaky gut, I'm not absorbing these nutrients from my food...

Which means I'd better get my butt back on the repair diet asap so I absorb my nutrients...

Now I get to see how much of the food I bought last week I can actually freeze :( and figure out how soon I can get back on it since I had meal plans for the next few days. BOOOO...

Such a finicky thing. My nutritionist told me that I have more reactions than she does, which is saying a lot...

Trying not to feel discouraged...but just when I think I have this managed, I'm thrown a curve ball. My prayer has become more frequently, Please Jesus, show me how to eat for my body...

No comments:

Post a Comment