Friday, July 12, 2013

And This Makes Me Thankful for my Allergies

I ran across this article tonight:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/07/12/11-banned-ingredients-eat-in-us/?intcmp=HPBucket

It lists 11 items that other countries ban, but we continue to eat in the US. No wonder cancer rates are so high, illnesses are common place and people often have allergies or issues...

My food allergies are forcing me to have to eat natural and as organic as possible. Even tho this has been a trial and frustrating and expensive...the more I do it, the more thankful I am that I'm learning to put healthier things in my body. Still part of a process, but this cloud has a silver lining ;)

For your own curiosity in case you don't click on the link, these are the items listed:


1. Blue #1 food coloring
2. Blue # 2 food coloring
3. Yellow # 5 food coloring
4. Yellow # 6 food coloring
5. Red #40 food coloring
6. Brominated vegetable oil (found in sodas)
7. Bromated flour (used in baking)
8. Olean (found in potato chips)
9. Preservatives butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT)
10. Growth hormones rBGH and rBST (found in dairy products)
11. Arsenic found in chicken feed


No comments:

Post a Comment