Sunday, August 11, 2013

Um, delicious!

Tonight I had company...even if it was just my cousin Michelle and her boyfriend passing through on a road trip, it was still people I wanted to cook for. So we grabbed some groceries and I introduced them to some food...and they were SO complimentary... I felt good!! :) 

I made this tomato salad with an oil/wine vinegar/dijon mustard/garlic sauce. Seriously so good.
 The way I cook up my chicken is thin sliced with coconut oil and liberal amounts of garlic and onion powders and some salt. It gets crispy and is just darn good! Hot or Cold. I think David said 4 times how great the chicken was :D
 Sauteed zucchini and yellow onion and basil...they added goat cheese and this dish screams summer to me. SO GOOD!
 Michelle helped me figure out a peach cobbler! The peaces are in from Palisade and are SO good, I could eat an entire tree's worth. So we cut up fresh and juicy peaches, then mixed together quinoa flower, quinoa (add crunch), agave, cinnamon, nutmeg and some salt. Then baked it. They found a vanilla coconut ice cream that I could tentatively have... I think it had natural flavors in it so I won't do it much, but so far I'm not reacting too badly to it. We decided that the topping, however, should be made from coconut flour next time, add in coconut, and add quinoa for the crunch. It was pretty earthy tasting...not bad, but probably not great for palates that don't have to eat this way.

I, however, ate until I was beyond stuffed, and had way too much sugar. I knew I shouldn't but I was ECSTATIC to find this! So, thank you Michelle!
 Lastly, we made the 30 minute trip to the one store I know that sells wine I can have. technically I can't have sulfites yet - I haven't been cleared for them - and this has them...but I'm doing ok right now. I also picked up a peach and a cherry and another blueberry wine...OH YAH! :) Small quantities b/c of the amount of sugar...but still, I'm pretty stoked!
So I have quite the full tummy, and a very happy heart that they loved the meal so much. I'm so thankful to have an entire meal that was so well-recieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment