Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Digging out of the hole...

Just saw my nutritionist... I'm SO sensitive to almond flour that once again, I've developed a sensitivity to it, even tho I haven't eaten much of it :-/ Guess that one is going to be out forever. Dang it! But when I had a scone this morning, my stomach was revolting so much that I knew pretty quickly, no almond flour. Sooo I guess at least I'm learning my body well enough to know reactions...

I noticed that with guava yesterday too when I had a guava kombucha. I thought I had drinken a volcano and it was going to erupt from within my stomach! That was awful!

Today I got muscle tested for some of my organs...my adrenals are good, which means that my body is getting better and pulling out of the pit it has been in. My hormones are off, but I guess they will be getting back on track now that my adrenals are good...my lg and sm intestines are inflamed - but at least it's not leaky gut. Probably from the sugar, almond flour and guava lately. Man, this whole "little sugar" is REALLY HARD.

She mentioned that I would benefit from doing the repair diet twice a week...at least that's only 2 days, not five...and taking that powder daily to help calm my intestinal linings... makes sense...

To my daily routine she will also be adding HCL - hydrochloric acid. This breaks down protein and b/c I have vertical ridges in my nails, I'm not producing enough HCL. Which, according to my blood type, I should be... so probably with all the stress and duress my body has been under, it's not producing that...so for the rest of my life, I will be taking an HCL tablet before every meal.

Whew.

The good news is that eventually I'll have my minerals back in alignment and only have to take repairvite, clearvite, and HCL each day. Which isn't that bad, considering that "healthy people" should be taking a daily vitamin...mine is just a bit more complex ;) However, currently I'm also taking zinc, magnesium, selenium, potassium, vitamin D and molybdenum... and have noticed a difference in my nails for sure - they've stopped peeling and are a lot stronger. My reward for myself is to get a french manicure once the nails are a lot better ;)

As my friend at work told me, if I can't reward myself with food, I can reward myself with clothes... ok, or nails  ;)

On another note, for my Bible study on Wednesday, I made chocolate dipped figs, rolled in toasted almonds... I've never really eaten a fig before...and they are AWESOME! So the food allergies is forcing me to branch out and try new foods...

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you get your love of food from mormor - she loved figs! Great attitude on no more almond flour. That's great that your adrenals are tip top! Yeah! You're figuring it out, bit by bit. Good girl!

    ReplyDelete