Thursday, September 5, 2013

Oh, Chocolate...

I was cleared for chocolate last Tuesday. Annnd apparently my body hates it! I tried very hard to not eat "too much" chocolate...which of course is all relative... but I was fine for the past week with what I ate, but I guess it culminated today and my body said no way, no how, nuh uh :( I was in the bathroom several times in the course of 3 hours...and let's just say, the brussels sprouts and salmon I had for dinner probably were not absorbed by my intestines...whatsoever :(

So, I'm super perturbed. I really enjoy chocolate and this is aggravating! But I'm going to try to be proactive...clearly my stomach is now inflamed b/c of the chocolate...it hasn't gotten so bad that I'm reacting to anything else (ok, except jasmine tea I think...!? booo!!) so I'm going to watch what I eat tomorrow and then Saturday I plan to do one day of the repair diet, fix my stomach and hopefully resume normal eating habits, sans chocolate...if I can catch it early, my hope is I won't have to do 5 days of the repair diet and can keep helping myself out of the hole. Sheesh. And I'm trying very hard to not stress in life right now, since stress is a known trigger...you know, no stress amidst training for a new job, training someone to replace me, helping lead my Bible study group and invest in their lives, go to multiple doctors appts for my injured hand and my sciatica, meet weekly with my nutritionist, grocery shop and cook all my food from scratch, and figure out where to exercise in my day and how to get as much sleep as possible before my 445am wake up call. Eh, no biggie ;) Talk about an opportunity to really have to rely on God to take care of me and to guide me in how to order my day...!!

Good news is, at least, my hand is healing :) and I'm learning a lot about things being in phases...not the rest of my life, just phases...take it as it comes, roll with it, and get through it (Mom, aren't you proud of me?! ;))

I also am learning how to ask for help - this is a side tangent. Had to knock on my neighbors' door Tuesday and ask them to open a new bottle of olive oil... My boss graciously helped me wrap my hand at work today when the bandage slipped and the gauze was stuck crustily into my wound and hurting every time I typed on the keyboard...and I'm learning to celebrate the small victories: I can now use a can opener, turn on my car with my right hand, and shave my legs :) Life definitely has its challenges...but overall...no chocolate and an injured hand...not the end of the world... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment