Last time I did a fast, it was maple syrup with lemon and lime juice. I thought chicken broth sounded much heartier. There ain't NOTHING hearty about a fast!
So I went to Whole Foods and bought two whole chickens and stayed home Sunday, boiling them for 7 hours...Then strained out everything but the juice and made the mistake of putting that in the fridge...did you know that chicken broth congeals and tastes like eating chicken flavored Jello? Yes. Well.
So Monday morning I started the fast. I had a headache (Detox?) and was so irritable and tired. Today I was pretty irritable too, but thankfully had already scheduled to see my nutritionist at lunch. She walked in and I practically growled how irritable I was and I hated this diet. She laughed and was like ok let's see if we can help you out.
And I had probably one of the best and most encouraging appts yet!
She brought me dried Comfrey Leaves that someone had given her. he has to order them from an Indian reservation..! So I guess I'll try to grow my own... But when Christi broke her foot, she was given these leaves and said they are a natural antibiotic and worked miracles. You boil them in water, drink the tea, and wrap the leaves around the broken bone. You cover it with saran wrap and go to bed like that. In the morning when she woke up, she had less pain and she said that the leaves took off all her old skin too, which was an added bonus. Forget a pedicure! :) So when I get my cast off in 3 weeks, I'm going to try that.
Apparently the chicken broth diet is totally working in my body tho. It's giving my stomach and intestines a chance to rest from digesting food, while still receiving some nutrition from the broth. I feel great...other than being hungry and craving every food known to man and dreaming about what I'll eat Thursday morning, and hating the person who popped popcorn in the office today! :)
She tested me for my dosages and quantities of supplements and I got off one supplement and significantly decreased the dosages of a lot of my supplements! I was amazed and REALLY excited. Cuz they ain't cheap :-/
I learned that citric acid is derived from corn...so when you see that added to a canned good item and if you're allergic to corn, stay away!
She made me curious enough with a few things she mentioned about genetically modified foods, that I'm going to research that further.
And, I've had these random tiny bumps on my fingers for awhile now, and had no idea why. Then I developed this nodule on the back of my head that was a bump and incredibly painful. I couldn't decide if I should go to the doctor, if I was dying of an aneurysm or if it was a tight muscle (?!). So I decided to ask her if on the off chance she had any idea what it was. She felt it and muscle tested and told me that people who are autoimmune will get swollen bumps - it's the body's way of trying to get rid of toxins in the body. So she's going to bring me some silver cream, which acts as a natural antibiotic, and it will take away the bumps. I was SO relieved it wasn't anything worse!
Ok and lastly, a few weeks ago I was having all sorts of weird symptoms that I didn't correlate until Christi told me I was probably low in progesterone...I put off calling ANOTHER dr for awhile b/c I'm sick of always going to drs - between the food allergies and my sciatica and my broken wrist -but I finally went, got a compounded progesterone, and started taking it. BOY am I glad. I've noticed a HUGE difference! i'm out of my depression; I don't have suicidal thoughts anymore; and the other symptoms that I've had have gone away. Christi tested me for the progesterone today too and found that I'm at the right dosage, my body is happy...
I feel like all is right in the world.
Except that I can't eat. I can't WAIT for Thursday morning ;)
And I wish I had Christi's knowledge...
No comments:
Post a Comment